Botswana Mines And Minerals Act 1999

Botswana Mining & Environmental Law & Regulations ...

Botswana is known for its world-class diamond mines; the government's keen interest in the diamond sector has caused it to adopt mining legislation that leaves it with wide discretion to negotiate terms with any party that has made a new discovery of diamonds in the country; whilst there is evidence that the government has found commercial solutions with developers and producers, its rating ...

Tati Concessions Land - Wikipedia

The effect of this section is that mineral rights are bestowed unto this body, which is unlike other mineral rights in Botswana which are governed by Section 3 of the "Mines and Minerals Act of 1999" to the effect that all minerals within Botswana, with the exception of Tati Concessions, are the property of the Republic of Botswana.

CHAPTER 63:01 PUBLIC HEALTH - VERTIC: Building trust ...

Surgeons Act, or livestock officer employed by the Government of Botswana. 3. Functions of the Ministry The functions of the Ministry under this Act shall be- (a) to promote the personal health and environmental health within Botswana;

The Mining Law Review 2 - Bookbinder Business Law

The Mining Law Review Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd. ... In order to facilitate foreign investment in the mining sector, the Mines and Minerals Act (the Mines Act) was amended in 1999 resulting in the abolition of the government’s right ... Coal Mine Limited and Botswana Ash (Proprietary) Limited.

PROJECT: KAZUNGULA BRIDGE COUNTRIES: BOTSWANA …

PROJECT: KAZUNGULA BRIDGE COUNTRIES: BOTSWANA AND ZAMBIA ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT SUMMARY ... Botswana side will be unable to handle the additional load. ... Works and Machinery Act (1978) • The Water Act (1994) • Mines and Minerals Act (1999) • The Public Health Act of (1930) • Tribal Land Act (2001) • The Noxious ...

Botswana Amendment Mines And Minerals Act

No. 17 of 1999 - EI SourceBook. MINES AND MINERALS ACT, 1999 No. 17 of 1999 REPUBLIC OF BOTSWANA ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS PART I ─ Preliminary SECTION 1. Short title and commencement 2. Interpretation PART II ─ Ownership of Minerals and Acquisition of Mineral Rights 3. Ownership of minerals vested in Republic 4. Act not to apply to petroleum 5.

www.gov.bw

REPUBLIC OF BOTSWANA THE MINES AND MINERALS ACT, 1976 I"Orm 2 THE MINES, QUARRIES, WORKS AND MACHINERY REGULATIONS 1978 MONTHLY LABOUR AND WAGES RETURN (Reg. 32.10) For themonth of.. Name of employer and address in Botswana , , Name Of Mine, Quarry or A. NUMBERS I. Employees in service — Actual number on last working day of month — …

Botswana - Mines and Minerals Act 1999 (Cap. 66:01) (No ...

Repeals the old Mines and Minerals Act. However, all subsidiary legislation made under the repealed Act, and in force immediately prior to the coming into operation of this Act shall, in so far as such subsidiary legislation may not be inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, continue in force as if made under this Act.

Botswana: Govt Owns Shares in Local Mines

Mines and Minerals Act gives government an option to own 15 per cent shares in new mines, permanent secretary in the Ministry of Minerals, Green Technology and Water Resources, Dr …

CHAPTER 44:02 - MINES, QUARRIES, WORKS AND …

208 . Protection of mine, quarry, works and surface 209 . Surface subsidence 210 . Underground boundary pillars 211 . Slimes dams and slimes stores 212 . Danger from carbonaceous materials 213 . Protection of abandoned excavations and shafts 214 . Damage to abandoned excavations and shafts 215 . Duties on lapse of mineral concession PART XVI

Mines and Minerals Act, 1999 (Chapter 66:01). | Land ...

This Act provides for the granting of various rights relative to prospecting and mining of minerals, for environmental obligations related to mining operations and other duties of persons carrying out mining operations, and control of mining operations. “Minerals” is defined so as to exclude petroleum ,as defined in section 2 of the Petroleum (Exploration and Production) Act,

Mining: Government Publications: Southern Africa Links

· Mines and Minerals Act, 1976 Promulgated 14 December 1976, Effective 1 January 1977 De Beers Botswana Mining Company (Proprietary) Limited Agreement (Amendment) (Ratification) Act, 5 August 1975. Semi-Precious Stones Regulations, 6 April 1973.

Republic of Botswana - Government portal

· The overall objectives of the Department of mines are to establish and maintain an effective organization to administer mineral exploitation legislation, and to enhance socio-economic, financial and other benefits to Botswana arising from the exploitation of mineral resources.

MINES, QUARRIES, WORKS AND MACHINERY ACT - Datasets ...

mines, quarries, works and machinery act This document is part of the source library for NRGI's 2017 Resource Governance Index, a comprehensive measure of the quality of natural resource governance in 81 oil, gas and mineral-rich countries.

(PDF) A comparison of Botswana and Zimbabwe's Diamond ...

3.2 Mining 3.2.1 Legislation Botswana The principal act that controls and regulates exploitation of minerals in Botswana is the Mines and Minerals Act of 1999. According to the Act a mineral concession must first be obtained before one can engage in any exploration or mining activity.

Mines and Minerals Act, 1999 (Chapter 66:01). | Land ...

This Act provides for the granting of various rights relative to prospecting and mining of minerals, for environmental obligations related to mining operations and other duties of persons carrying out mining operations, and control of mining operations. “Minerals” is defined so as to exclude petroleum ,as defined in section 2 of the Petroleum (Exploration and Production) Act,

A review of mineral development and investment policies of ...

A new Act (Mines and Minerals Act, 1999) reflecting the changed policies of mineral development and disposition in Botswana was promulgated in 1999 after extensive consultation with other role-players and after studying of the policies of successful mining nations. The government addressed aspects of property tenure and ministerial discretion ...

BOTSWANA MINING INDUSTRY BY - ...

Ministry of Minerals, Energy and Water Resources . Ownership of Minerals • Vested in the Republic of Botswana • Minister to ensure interest of the public, minerals are invested & exploited in most efficient, beneficial and timely manner • Right to mine acquired through the MMA of 1999 –Prospecting License –Retention License –Mining ...

MINES AND MINERALS (DEVELOPMENT AND …

1 MINES AND MINERALS (DEVELOPMENT AND REGULATION) ACT, 1957 (No. 67 of 1957) An Act to provide for the 1[development and regulation of mines and minerals] under the control of the Union. BE it enacted by Parliament in the Eighth Year of the Republic of India as follows: -

mine and minerals act botswana amendments

mine and minerals act botswana amendments in Johannesburg... Posts Related to mine and minerals act botswana amendments in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa . ... being the amendment of Mines and Minerals Act in 1999 and the Income Tax ... Mining Code All mineral rights in Botswana are vested in the state and it is the Minister ...

Mines and Minerals (Amendment) Act, 1999 (No. 5 of 1999).

The principal Act is amended in section 66, commas 91) and (2) by providing anew that the holder of a large-scale mining licence shall in accordance with the licence, this Act and the terms of any relevant development agreement, pay to the Republic, a royalty on the gross value of minerals produced under the licence at a specified rate.

mine and minerals act botswana amendments

mine and minerals act botswana amendments in Johannesburg... Posts Related to mine and minerals act botswana amendments in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa . ... being the amendment of Mines and Minerals Act in 1999 and the Income Tax ... Mining Code All mineral rights in Botswana are vested in the state and it is the Minister ...

Nigeria: Minerals And Mining Act 1999: the Need for a ...

The 1999 minerals and mining decree though a recent act was promulgated by the military and at many instances, is either at variance with the overall fiscal focus of the new democratic ...

Minerals (Prospecting and Mining) Act 33 of 1992 - Namibia ...

Minerals (Prospecting and Mining) Act 33 of 1992. To provide for the reconnaissance, prospecting and mining for, and disposal of, and the exercise of control over, minerals in Namibia; and to provide for matters incidental thereto.

MINES, QUARRIES, WORKS AND MACHINERY ACT - Datasets ...

mines, quarries, works and machinery act This document is part of the source library for NRGI's 2017 Resource Governance Index, a comprehensive measure of the quality of natural resource governance in 81 oil, gas and mineral-rich countries.

MINES AND MINERALS (DEVELOPMENT AND REGULATION) …

4 THE MINES AND MINERALS (DEVELOPMENT AND REGULATION) ACT, 1957 ACT NO. 67 OF 1957 [28th December, 1957.] An Act to provide for the 1[development and regulation of mines and minerals] under the control of the Union. BE it enacted by Parliament in the Eighth Year of the Republic of India as follows:― CHAPTER I PRELIMINARY 1. Short title, extent and commencement.―(1) This Act …

Botswana to revamp mining legislation to attract investors ...

GABORONE, June 7 (Xinhua) -- Botswana on Thursday announced plans to bring before parliament the country's new minerals policy for approval. Eric Molale, minister of mineral resources, green technology and energy security of Botswana, said the policy is to ensure that the country becomes investors' destination of choice.

Mining in Botswana

Mining in Botswana is controlled through sound legislative instruments, especially the Mines and Mineral Act, to regulate issuance of exploration and mining licenses. In addition, this helps to strike a balance between mining activity and environmental control.

Botswana to revamp mining legislation to attract investors ...

GABORONE, June 7 (Xinhua) -- Botswana on Thursday announced plans to bring before parliament the country's new minerals policy for approval. Eric Molale, minister of mineral resources, green technology and energy security of Botswana, said the policy is to ensure that the country becomes investors' destination of choice.

CHAPTER 66 01 MINES AND MINERALS - Faolex

, S.I. 54, 2005. An Act to re-enact with substantial amendments the provisions that regulate the law relating to Mines and Minerals; to provide for the granting, renewal and termination of mineral concessions; to provide for the payment of royalties; and for …

Mines and Minerals (Amendment Act, 1999) | Sierra Leone ...

Home » Mines and Minerals (Amendment Act, 1999) Mines and Minerals (Amendment Act, 1999) Number of Act: 1. Date of assent: 22 July 1999. In force: Unknown. Download: Slone Links. Sierra Leone Web; Human Rights Commission; Special Court of Sierra Leone ... African Law (AfricanLII) Botswana e …

Ministry of Mines and Energy - Links

The Ministry of Mines and Energy is renowned as performance driven. By promoting, facilitating and regulating development and sustainable utilization of Namibia's mineral, geological and energy resource through competent staff, innovation, research and stakeholder collaboration in a conducive environment for the benefits of all Namibians and the world.

Crushing Machine Mobile Crusher Grinding Mill Other Equipment