West Driefontein Gold Mine

Driefontein Mine (East Driefontein Mine; West Driefontein ...

Driefontein Mine (East Driefontein Mine; West Driefontein Mine), Carletonville, Western Sector, Far West Rand (West Wits Line), West Rand District (West Rand), Gauteng, South Africa : Gold mine operated by Sibanye Gold. In September 1999 East Driefontein and West Driefontein gold mines where merged into Driefontein mine.

East and West Driefontein (Closed) gold mine | Wood Mackenzie

· East and West Driefontein (Closed) gold mine. Report summary. Since June 1998, Driefontein Consolidated ("Dries") has ceased to report results for the East and West sections separately. Accordingly, the analysis presented here consolidates the East, West and tailings/dump processing operations from 1995 onwards. ... Driefontein - West & North ...

8 BLACK GOLD MINERS ARE SLAIN IN SOUTH AFRICAN LABOR …

· The violence began Thursday night when thousands of black miners stoned cars and buildings at the West Driefontein and Buffelsfontein mines, 40 miles southwest of Johannesburg.

Driefontein - East (Closed) gold mine | Wood Mackenzie

· Driefontein - East (Closed) gold mine. ... The merger of the mine with West Driefontein took place with effect from 1st July 1981. Currently three shaft systems are being developed in the East Driefontein section; No 1 tertiary shaft, No 4 SV in the East, and the No 5 SV in the South. Development results in the VCR are quite variable, with some ...

The West Driefontein reclamation carbon-in-pulp plant ...

Driefontein Consolidated Limited has a proud history in the South African gold mining industry dating back to March 1945 with the formation of the West Driefontein Gold Mining Company. The reclamation gold plant at West Driefontein was originally built as a uranium recovery plant in 1970. With the collapse of the uranium oxide yellow cake ...

east driefontein gold mine

west driefontein gold mine - tcfuwhr.org. West Driefontein was a mining company belonging to the Goldfields Group, approximately 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) outside Carletonville next to Blyvooruitsig and East Driefontein. It used to be the richest gold mine in the world.

West Driefontein gold-mine (I) - Engineering News

one time employee of West Driefontein gold-mine (I was a junior engineer), let me tell of what has been forgotten – one of the biggest feats of engineering in the history of this country. On Saturday Octo, the shifts were down at West Driefontein gold-mine, at the time the richest mine in the world.

Gold from Driefontein Mine (East Driefontein Mine; West ...

Click here to view Driefontein Mine (East Driefontein Mine; West Driefontein Mine), Carletonville, Western Sector, Far West Rand (West Wits Line), West Rand District (West Rand), Gauteng, South Africa: Nearest other occurrences of Gold

Gold Fields Ltd Gold Mine - Driefontein - South Africa ...

Driefontein is located in South Africa’s West Wits Line goldfield, about 60km south west of Johannesburg. Driefontein Consolidated Ltd (Driefontein) was created in 1981 with the merger of the West Driefontein and East Driefontein mines. In January 1998, Gold Fields Ltd assumed management ...

Driefontein Gold Mine

West Driefontein Gold Mine was registered in March 1945 and ultimately became recognised as one of the most prolifi c gold producers in the country. The contiguous East Driefontein was registered in May 1968 and merged with West Driefontein during July 1981 to form a new company, Driefontein Consolidated Limited.

Driefontein, Gauteng - Wikipedia

Driefontein is the Driefontein Mine in the West Witwatersrand Basin (West Wits) mining field. The West Wits field was discovered in 1931 and commenced operations with Venterspost Gold Mine in 1939. In 1952, the West Driefontein mine is opened. In 1968, Kloof mine commences operations. In 1972, East Driefontein opens. In 1981, consolidation starts.

West Driefontein - Carletonville, Gauteng - Local Business ...

· West Driefontein, Carletonville, Gauteng. 69 likes. West Driefontein was a mining company belonging to the Goldfields Group, approximately 10km outside...

Driefontein - West & North (Closed) gold mine | Wood …

· Driefontein - West & North (Closed) gold mine. Report summary. The West Driefontein section exploits the Carbon Leader reef, VCR and Main reef. In future, North Leader will be mined in the North Section. A reclamation plant recovers gold from surface dumps. North Driefontein is underlain by VCR resources of 27Mt @ 14.3g/t which could have been ...

West Driefontein Gold Mining Company • Johannesburg ...

Driefontein Consolidated Limited. T The company conducts gold mining operations at East Driefontein and West Driefontein mines. The company owns mineral rights over areas ...

driefontein gold mine

Driefontein, Gauteng - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The West Wits field was discovered in 1931 and commenced operations with Venterspost Gold Mine in 1939.

Driefontein Gold Mine - GOLD FIELDS

Driefontein is located in the West Wits Line that forms part of the Far West Rand Goldfields of the Witwatersrand Basin. Exploration in the area dates from 1898 and mining from 1945 when West Driefontein Gold Mine began sinking the 1 and 2 Shafts.

Driefontein Gold Mine In South Africa

West Driefontein Gold Mine (Westdriefonteingoldmine) (South Africa) Map, Weather and Photos. West Driefontein Gold Mine (Westdriefonteingoldmine) is a gold mine(s) (a mine where gold ore, or alluvial gold is extracted) and has the latitude of .3833 and longitude of 27.4333.

Gold from Driefontein Mine (East Driefontein Mine; West ...

Click here to view Driefontein Mine (East Driefontein Mine; West Driefontein Mine), Carletonville, Western Sector, Far West Rand (West Wits Line), West Rand District (West Rand), Gauteng, South Africa: Nearest other occurrences of Gold

Around the World; 1,000 Blacks Leave South African Gold ...

· More than 1,000 black miners refused to work and left the giant West Driefontein gold mine for home today after 150 of their co-workers were dismissed in connection with three days of rioting, a ...

West Driefontein - Wikipedia

West Driefontein was a mining company belonging to the Goldfields Group, approximately 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) outside Carletonville next to Blyvooruitsig and East Driefontein.It used to be the richest gold mine in the world. References

Driefontein Gold Mine, South Africa -- lilian | PRLog

Driefontein Gold Mine, South Africa. Driefontein is located in South Africa’s West Wits Line goldfield, about 60km south west of Johannesburg. Driefontein Consolidated Ltd (Driefontein) was created in 1981 with the merger of the West Driefontein and East Driefontein mines - PR10590942

Missed opportunities? A case study from South Africa’s ...

1977 The first prototype 5 drill was tested at West Driefontein gold mine. 1978 Co m r o began additional 5 power system development with Hammelmann. 1979 The second prototype 5 drill was tested at West Driefontein gold mine. 1980 Co m r o and developed a quadruple plunger rotation mechanism for drills.

West Driefontein Gold Mine information and photos

This is a multiple shaft gold mine, holding records for the most gold produced by a goldmine (2000+ tonnes) and the deepest mineshaft in the world (over 3000m). Photos of West Driefontein Gold Mine Upload Archive/Historic Photos!

Driefontein - East (Closed) gold mine | Wood Mackenzie

· Driefontein - East (Closed) gold mine. ... The merger of the mine with West Driefontein took place with effect from 1st July 1981. Currently three shaft systems are being developed in the East Driefontein section; No 1 tertiary shaft, No 4 SV in the East, and the No 5 SV in the South. Development results in the VCR are quite variable, with some ...

Driefontein, Gauteng - Landmark & Historical Place, City ...

The West Wits field was discovered in 1931 and commenced operations with Venterspost Gold Mine in 1939. In 1952, the West Driefontein mine is opened. In 1968, Kloof mine commences operations.

East and West Driefontein (Closed) gold mine | Wood Mackenzie

· East and West Driefontein (Closed) gold mine. Report summary. Since June 1998, Driefontein Consolidated ("Dries") has ceased to report results for the East and West sections separately. Accordingly, the analysis presented here consolidates the East, West and tailings/dump processing operations from 1995 onwards. ... Driefontein - West & North ...

GPS coordinates of Driefontein, South Africa. Latitude ...

Driefontein is the historical name of a mine, Driefontein Mine in the West Witwatersrand Basin (West Wits) mining field. The West Wits field was discovered in 1931 and commenced operations with Venterspost Gold Mine in 1939. In 1952, the West Driefontein mine is opened. In 1968, Kloof mine commences operations. In 1972, East Driefontein opens.

The West Driefontein reclamation carbon-in-pulp plant ...

Driefontein Consolidated Limited has a proud history in the South African gold mining industry dating back to March 1945 with the formation of the West Driefontein Gold Mining Company. The reclamation gold plant at West Driefontein was originally built as a uranium recovery plant in 1970. With the collapse of the uranium oxide yellow cake ...

driefontein gold mine contact details - BINQ Mining

Driefontein Mine, South Africa – Mining Weekly. … Brief history: The operation incorporates the former West and East Driefontein mines, which were merged in 1981.Gold Fields assumed … »More detailed

Driefontein - West & North (Closed) gold mine | Wood …

· Driefontein - West & North (Closed) gold mine. Report summary. The West Driefontein section exploits the Carbon Leader reef, VCR and Main reef. In future, North Leader will be mined in the North Section. A reclamation plant recovers gold from surface dumps. North Driefontein is underlain by VCR resources of 27Mt @ 14.3g/t which could have been ...

West Driefontein gold-mine (I) - Engineering News

As a one time employee of West Driefontein gold-mine (I was a junior engineer), let me tell of what has been forgotten – one of the biggest feats of engineering in the history of this country.

West Driefontein Mine

West Driefontein Gold Mine South Africa 2 albums / 20 photos / 1 photo votes Get Price. The flooding at the west driefontein mine SAIMM. The inrush of water into the West Driefontein mine, the biggest gold producer in the world The narrow tabular Witwatersrand goldbearing beds, which dip at.

Crushing Machine Mobile Crusher Grinding Mill Other Equipment