nababeep copper mine

Handa Mining Corporation - Home

A short term achievement with the benefit of a strategic partner, ReThink Resources, for financing

Full text of "Mines and minerals of the British Empire ...

Full text of "Mines and minerals of the British Empire; being a description of the historical, physical, & industrial features of the principal centres of mineral production in the British dominions beyond the seas" See other formats

Nababeep - Wikipedia

Nababeep is a town in Namakwa District Municipality in the Northern Cape province of South Africa. Nababeep. Nababeep ... Old copper-mining town in Namaqualand, 19 km north-west of Springbok. Founded in 1860 by the Okiep Copper Company. The name is of Khoekhoen origin and means ‘rhinoceros place’.

Nababeep’s ‘big hole’ and other hidden gems – Experience ...

· Nababeep tour guide Gladys Fortuin organises tours to the old copper mine, where the last mining activities took place in 2004. From here, you have a great view of the mine, as well as the rest of the town. Gladys also takes visitors into the former smelter, which from …

Okiep Mine (O'Okiep Mine), Okiep Copper District, Namakwa ...

Okiep Mine (O'Okiep Mine), Okiep Copper District, Namakwa District (Namaqualand), Northern Cape, South Africa : The Okiep mine was one of the largest and oldest in the district (Marais, 1987). Initially, pioneer mining started from a mineralized outcrop of …

Nababeep’s ‘big hole’ and other hidden gems – Experience ...

· Nababeep tour guide Gladys Fortuin organises tours to the old copper mine, where the last mining activities took place in 2004. From here, you have a great view of the mine, as well as the rest of the town. Gladys also takes visitors into the former smelter, which from …

Okiep & Nababeep/NAMAQUALAND | NORTHERN CAPE A-Z …

Mining began in the 1850s and from 1876 the ore was transported, by train, to Port Nolloth for export. The mine closed during the copper slump of 1919, but reopened in 1937. Attractions: Mining Museum – It charts the development of the copper mining in the area by photographs and other exhibits.

Handa Mining Corporation - Home

A short term achievement with the benefit of a strategic partner, ReThink Resources, for financing

Okiep - Wikipedia

Okiep is a small town in the Northern Cape province of South Africa, and was in the 1870s ranked as having the richest copper mine in the world.The town is on the site of a spring that was known in the Khoekhoe language of the Nama people as U-gieb (large brackish place) and …

Mining Weekly - O'okiep – it’s not over yet

When Mining Weekly took the road to Nababeep, it was for an update on the closure plans being made by the O’okiep Copper Company (OCC). However, an exclusive interview with mine manager ...

Nababeep Copper Smelter Near Springbok, South Africa | The ...

Copper mining deposit report for "Deposit #Usgs10183320" (#USGS10183320) in Northern Cape, South Africa. ... The Nababeep Copper Smelter is near Springbok, South Africa. The Nababeep Copper Smelter is a processing plant. Site identification and general characteristics.

This Is What The Metal Extracted From A Single Mine Looks ...

Nababeep South Mine, Nababeep (1882 to 2000) Over 500m deep, 302,791.65 tonnes of copper extracted Blue Mine, Springbok (1852 to 1912) 3,535 tonnes of copper extracted [ Dillon’s Website] VIA [ Gizmodo] Post navigation. Schiller X1 Water Bike Takes Your Workouts To The Lake.

History of the Okiep copper district, Namaqualand ...

The copper mines in the Okiep district of Namaqualand are steeped in the history of South African mining and geology. The most famous mineral specimen-producing copper mine in …

Nababeep - Traveling on the Copper Mine Railway in ...

· Traveling on the Copper Mine Railway in Namaqualand - some personal accounts Traveling on the Company Railway ( 1909) On J, a young (24) Catholic priest, Jean-Marie Simon, born in Lyon, France, left his country of birth together with four colleagues, to work in Namaqualand.

Nababeep, Noord-Kaap

Mining activities shut down during the copper slump of 1919 and reopened again in 1937. Today Nababeep was the largest of the Namaqualand’s copper mining towns and at night, when the molten ore glows and the white, hot slag is being carted to the waste dumps, Nababeep is a spectacular sight.

GC4N9R2 The Blue Mine (Earthcache) in Northern Cape, South ...

· The Blue Mine (GC4N9R2) was created by HeinG on 9/14/2013. It's a Other size geocache, with difficulty of 3.5, terrain of 2. It's located in Northern Cape, South Africa. Springbok is the administrative and commercial centre of Namaqualand and lies in a narrow valley surrounded by the Koperberge (copper mountains).

ShowMe™ - South Africa Nababeep

Nababeep is the headquarters of the Okiep Copper Company and the largest of Namaqualand’s copper mining towns. There is an interesting little museum displaying the history of the copper boom and an old Narrow Gauge Steam Locomotive, named “Clara”, once used on the railway to Port Nolloth to transport copper ore, coal and coke, is on display outside the museum.

PETER GIDDY.

· Peter Giddy Guided Tours -- Shore Excursions -- Addo Elephant and other Wildlife Reserves -- Garden Route. Flowers of Namaqualand -- ... We end day three at the Nababeep copper mine museum. Clara the train. Huge locomotive brought from England. The Glory Hole where the mine …

AEL Nababeep | Mining | Phone 027 713 8... | Email ...

AEL, located at Farm Okiep Copper Company, Nababeep. Phone 027 713 8... send Email... Mining, Mining Industry, Think Local

Okiep - Wikipedia

Okiep is a small town in the Northern Cape province of South Africa, and was in the 1870s ranked as having the richest copper mine in the world.The town is on the site of a spring that was known in the Khoekhoe language of the Nama people as U-gieb (large brackish place) and was originally spelled as O'okiep.

Handa Mining Corporation - Handa Mining Corporation

· (Vancouver, British Columbia) – Handa Mining Corporation ("Handa" or the "Company") (TSX-V: HAND) is pleased to announce that it has completed the debt financing (the "Financing") of US$750,000 (announced on Ap).The proceeds of the Financing will be used to fund the construction of a processing plant (the "Plant") for the Nababeep Copper Oxide Project, …

Haib Copper - Deep-South Resources

Mining Methods. Considering the Haib copper deposit characteristics, the suitable mine design is based on an open pit method. As the deposit is basically composed of hard rock material, the mining operations will involve drill and blast of all excavated material, which will be segregated by cut-off grade.

Nababeep Travel Information

Mining in the Nababeep area began in the 1850s and, from 1876, ore was taken to Port Nolloth by train, for export. The mine closed during the copper slump of 1919, but reopened in 1937. It is home to the Okiep Copper Company and the region’s largest copper-mining town .

Nababeep

Nababeep, Namaqualand. Little over 20 km north west of Springbok lies the small village of Nababeep, a former copper-mining town in the heart of the Namaqualand, its quaint sounding name an amalgamation of two Nama words – 'naba' or hump of an animal, and 'bib' or small spring – which translates into place of the rhinoceros.. It is a little beep of a town, hardly substantial and still ...

O'okiep Copper Company, South Africa - Mining Weekly

Name: O’okiep Copper Company Location: It is located in the western region of the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. Brief history: A large number of individual orebodies have been ...

O'okiep Copper Company, South Africa - Mining Weekly

Name: O’okiep Copper Company Location: It is located in the western region of the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. Brief history: A large number of individual orebodies have been ...

Okiep - Medal - "On The Rand" - Southern African Mining ...

This company also owned the Spektakel, Nababeep and Okiep Mines. Eventually the Cape Copper Company took over and managed the Nababeep, Okiep, and Spektakel Mines, while the Namaqua Copper Company worked in the Concordia area, north-east of Okiep. The first records of the Okiep mine are dated 1856, when a shaft with a "splendid show of copper ...

Nababeep - "The little railway in Namaqualand" written by ...

The Cape Copper Mining Company, since their mines began to be developed, has experienced great difficulty in obtaining transport for their ores. At the commencement of their operations cattle were plentiful in Namaqualand, and the farmers had been induced to …

Nababeep Hills Guest House - Accommodation in Nababeep ...

This Nababeep accommodation is situated in the heart of Namaqualand and has a long history. Nababeep Hills Guest House was originally built by O'kiep Copper Company in 1968 as a guesthouse for the guests of the mines. In 2004 the mines closed and the guesthouse was available for private sale.

Okiep & Nababeep/NAMAQUALAND | NORTHERN CAPE A-Z …

Mining began in the 1850s and from 1876 the ore was transported, by train, to Port Nolloth for export. The mine closed during the copper slump of 1919, but reopened in 1937. Attractions: Mining Museum – It charts the development of the copper mining in the area by photographs and other exhibits.

Mine revivals under way in iron ore, zinc and copper ...

The Northern Cape is responsible for around 18% of South Africa’s total copper production, with the two most prominent mines located in Nababeep and Aggeneys. The Carolusberg Mining Complex has copper reserves of 37. million tons, while the Nigramoep deposit has million tons.

GC4N9R2 The Blue Mine (Earthcache) in Northern Cape, South ...

· The Blue Mine (GC4N9R2) was created by HeinG on 9/14/2013. It's a Other size geocache, with difficulty of 3.5, terrain of 2. It's located in Northern Cape, South Africa. Springbok is the administrative and commercial centre of Namaqualand and lies in a narrow valley surrounded by the Koperberge (copper mountains).

Crushing Machine Mobile Crusher Grinding Mill Other Equipment